Thirty Years After the USSR
- Dr. Pietro Shakarian is a Lecturer in history at the American University of Armenia in Yerevan. His research focuses on the history of Eastern Armenia and the Caucasus, especially Soviet Armenia during the era of Nikita Khrushchev’s Thaw. His analyses on Russia and the former Soviet region have appeared in The Nation, The Plain Dealer, the Russian International Affairs Council, Hetq, and more.
- How did the USSR Dissolve, who were the personalities behind it?
- Did Ethnic Nationalism Have a Hand in it?
- Did Ronald Reagan Defeat the Soviet Union?
- What are the Geopolitical, Democracy, Historical Memory Legacies of the FSU in the Former Soviet Republics?
- Was the Dissolution Inevitable?
- Hovik Manucharyan TW/@HovikYerevan
- Asbed Bedrossian TW/@qubriq
Episode 109 | Recorded on Sunday, December 26, 2021
Show notes: https://groong.org/podcasts/CoG-20211226.html